Day # 745 of artic winter.
We have taken to wrapping cats around us to stay warm. They are accepting of it for the most part, but resist when we stand up.
The air feels nearly warm at 19 degrees Fahrenheit. My fingers did not immediately freeze to the metal latches when I fed.
Only three instances of nearly falling on the ice today. My balance is improving.
Ponies have become feral. I found one eyeballing the cat as competition for food. There are no more pleasantries to be had with the she-devil, Joy. We vie for dominance over the only path through the snow. She-Devil wins more times than I care to admit.
~ winter crazy
I’ve been thinking a lot about how to use the remaining active years of my life to my best advantage.
I figure I have about 5 more years before I land in a deep depression due to the incongruous juxtaposition of my real age and the age my mind actually thinks I am.
Before that happens, I really want to try eventing.
A few facts stand in my way currently:
- Fact one: I know Joy isn’t the right pony for me to do that on.
- Fact two: I do not want to purchase another horse until I’ve sold Joy.
- Fact three: No one wants a sassy, red-headed pony with a club foot and no show record for what I want to sell her for.
I must actively campaign Joy on the schooling show circuit (and do well) in order to demonstrate her stunning movement and awesome training!!
**Rated shows are so far above my ability to afford that I am going to pretend they don’t exist.**
- Issue 1:
- I suck as a rider.
- I haven’t had a dressage lesson in years
- I am old and out of shape.
- Issue 2:
- Due to ice accumulations, I haven’t been able to ride or work the pony since the beginning of January.
- Truck is old, rusted, and “iffy”.
- I haven’t taken Joy off property since 2017.
- Issue 3:
- My last dressage show was 2014 and I no longer fit in any of my show clothes.
- I lack funds to replace show clothes with larger clothes
- I really like to eat.
- I need to use the money to take the lessons in order to do well at the shows.
- If I use the money for the lessons, then I don’t have the money to do the shows.
- I need the shows to sell the pony.
Five years from now, my extension cord collection will reach crisis point. I must act NOW!!