I decided to mimic a fellow blogger’s series where she tracks her monthly expenses. She’s a fantastic blogger, so when you have time check her out here.
I’m appalled at how much just basic care of a horse costs.
Granted, this is for 3 horses, but still… this is an “inexpensive” month.
- The bedding lasts about a month.
- The horse trailer is a monthly reoccurring expense (for the next thousand years).
- The Heiro supplement is for Ava (90 day supply), but I also started Joy on it.
- Remission is the supplement I’m going to transfer Ava/Joy onto after the Heiro runs out. It’s $20 for 128 day supply versus $120 for a 90 day supply. Reviews for both supplements are good.
- Grain should last us at least a month (hopefully a few). Jessie eats about 5 times the amount both my horses eat.
Jessie – 4 bags at $15.10/bag.
Ava & Joy – 2 bags at $23.25/bag.
March – Vaccinations and coggins.
April or May – Teeths.
I need another batch of xrays on Ava soon, and I’d like to get Joy’s feet xrayed also, but last time the vet was out for xrays it was almost $300. So….. whenever we have money again…
What else am I missing? I’m sure there’s some other expensive cost I’m not thinking of at the moment.
I don’t know about showing, membership fee’s, lessons, etc. I’m not even sure what the future holds at this point. I’m hoping for the best, planning for the worst. We’ll see how it goes.