I’ve been thinking a lot about how to use the remaining active years of my life to my best advantage.
I figure I have about 5 more years before I land in a deep depression due to the incongruous juxtaposition of my real age and the age my mind actually thinks I am.
Before that happens, I really want to try eventing.
A few facts stand in my way currently:
- Fact one: I know Joy isn’t the right pony for me to do that on.
- Fact two: I do not want to purchase another horse until I’ve sold Joy.
- Fact three: No one wants a sassy, red-headed pony with a club foot and no show record for what I want to sell her for.
I must actively campaign Joy on the schooling show circuit (and do well) in order to demonstrate her stunning movement and awesome training!!
**Rated shows are so far above my ability to afford that I am going to pretend they don’t exist.**
- Issue 1:
- I suck as a rider.
- I haven’t had a dressage lesson in years
- I am old and out of shape.
- Issue 2:
- Due to ice accumulations, I haven’t been able to ride or work the pony since the beginning of January.
- Truck is old, rusted, and “iffy”.
- I haven’t taken Joy off property since 2017.
- Issue 3:
- My last dressage show was 2014 and I no longer fit in any of my show clothes.
- I lack funds to replace show clothes with larger clothes
- I really like to eat.
- Issue 1:
- I need to use the money to take the lessons in order to do well at the shows.
- If I use the money for the lessons, then I don’t have the money to do the shows.
- I need the shows to sell the pony.
Five years from now, my extension cord collection will reach crisis point. I must act NOW!!