Well, the expanded arena is moving slowly. Since we can’t afford to rent proper equipment to do this, nor hire someone, we’re stuck rota-tiling the entire thing and then dragging it ad nauseum until relatively smooth-ish.
Definitely going to be a “Premier Arena” when finished. 😂
For the small area I ride on now, we were able to break up the weeds by rota-tiling and (after massive amounts of dragging) make the area less uneven. Still rolly, but no ankle twisters, or leg breakers. It worked okay.
We’re optimistic this will work on a large scale.
The rota-tiling was going fairly well, but the old machine is popping seals and protesting!
Luckily hubby is a small engine repair God and can make just about anything work with barely any money.
He got it working again!
The alternative is a hoe and a rack, and I’ll be 80 before the arena is done. *sigh*
So, this image is “the dream” :
And this is the reality:
Looks like a God damned alien landing pad.
We’re changing how the pasture is set up. My two
lard balls, er, air-ferns need a bigger “dry” lot than what I currently have.
Hubby has been slaving away at it, and yesterday I decided I was going to do a couple of sections all on my own!
I drug everything out, got everything set up, and then spent 15 minutes futilely attempting to start the auger. I finally gave up and texted my sleeping hubby…
I woke the poor hubby up. Then I made him slave away in the hot sun for several hours.
Did I mention we’ve had a horrible heat wave this week too!
The new configuration will be something akin to below. The “New Arena” area will be close to a regulation sized dressage arena (notice my current “arena” is about the size of a 20m circle).
View of property.
The red line at the top is the property line.
Current config is:
Fencing going up
Since we’re re-using existing fencing, we should only need to spend about $50 to complete this.
Soon Ava and Joy will have room room to roam and Jessie can have her own separate area.
And I will have my ARENA!!!